Weekly Construction Update: August 14-18
All lane restrictions and work operations are weather dependent and subject to change.
Two lanes remain open to traffic on I-39/90 (in each direction) during daytime hours.
NOTE: Next week Monday through Friday (8 p.m. to 5 a.m.) and Friday to Saturday (10 p.m. to 7 a.m.), nightly single lane closures are planned on I-39/90 northbound and southbound in the following work zones, unless noted otherwise. Minor delays may occur during these lane closures.
County AB bridge replacement over I-39/90, south of Madison
- Updated: View County AB bridge operations.
- Some noise from activities is expected throughout the week.
- County AB over I-39/90 CLOSED to all traffic until early September 2017.
- Alternate routes are required. Signed detour route: US 12/18, County N and County MN.
Temporary widening on I-39/90 southbound, Madison to Edgerton
County AB to East Church Road, north of US 51 interchange
County MN, Drotning Road, County W and County B underpasses
- Updated: View temporary widening activities.
- Drotning Road under I-39/90 is CLOSED until early October 2017. Alternate local routes are required.
- Updated: County W under I-39/90 is tentatively scheduled to OPEN on Friday, August 18 (weather dependent). Alternate routes are required; follow the posted detour.
- Updated: County B under I-39/90 is scheduled to be CLOSED starting Monday, August 21 until mid-October 2017. Alternate routes are required; follow the posted detour.
I-39/90 and County N interchange (Exit 147), north of Stoughton
- Updated: Nighttime ramp closure from County N to I-39/90 southbound to set temporary barrier wall.
- 12 a.m. – 4 a.m. Saturday (August 12)
- Alternate routes are required.
- Updated: Nighttime girder setting for new County N bridge over I-39/90. Interstate traffic to use ramps to bypass operations.
- 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. Wednesday night (August 16); I-39/90 southbound traffic detoured on ramps.
- 10 p.m. – 5 a.m. Thursday night (August 17); I-39/90 northbound traffic detoured on ramps.
- Plan ahead to avoid potential delays during these overnight hours.
- Updated: View County N interchange operations.
- Flagging operations will occur periodically on County N near the Interstate. Drive with caution through this area.
- Updated: Temporary County N ramps open to/from I-39/90 southbound. Permanent ramp from County N to I-39/90 northbound now open. Pay attention for these ramp location changes.
- Updated: Permanent ramp from I-39/90 northbound to County N to open on Monday night (August 14). Yield to traffic on your left before entering the partial roundabout.
- Traffic shifts on County N, between Koshkonong Road and I-39/90. One lane remains open in each direction; be alert for these lane shifts!
- County N is CLOSED to all traffic, between the I-39/90 northbound ramps and Rinden Road, near the township of Pleasant Springs.
- Alternate local routes are required. Signed detour route: I-39/90, US 12/18 and County N.
- This section of highway is anticipated to reopen in fall 2017.
- The County N and Rinden Road intersection is OPEN.
I-39/90 (Dane/Rock County line to E. Church Road) and US 51 interchange, east of Stoughton
- Updated: No nighttime ramp closures anticipated at the WIS 73/US 51 interchange (Exit 160).
- Updated: View construction operations.
- All I-39/90 traffic shifted onto southbound side of Interstate, between the Dane/Rock County line to East Church Road, north of the US 51 interchange (Stoughton Exit 156).
- Two lanes remain open in each direction, separated by a median barrier wall. Be alert for crossovers in this area, and please stay in your lane!
- I-39/90 northbound ramp to US 51 (Stoughton Exit 156) is OPEN.
- The southbound Interstate on and off ramps at Stoughton Exit 156 remain open during construction with periodic nighttime ramp closures.
- Local roads under I-39/90 to be CLOSED until mid-November 2017.
- Lake Drive Road under Interstate 39/90 near Edgerton, and East Church Road under I-39/90, near the town of Christiana.
- Emergency access to be provided to police, fire and EMS.
I-39/90 and WIS 59 interchange and Rock River bridges, near Edgerton and Newville
- All I-39/90 traffic shifted onto northbound side and bridge over the Rock River. Be alert for crossovers in this area, and please stay in your lane!
- Two lanes remain open in each direction on I-39/90, separated by a median barrier wall.
- Reduced speed limit of 60 mph on I-39/90 northbound in this area.
- Southbound Interstate access to the WIS 59 interchange (Exit 163) use temporary off/on ramp connections.
- Updated: View Interstate and Rock River bridge operations.
- Download the Rock River Bridge, Boater Navigation Guide!
- Navigational buoys are placed in the river under I-39/90. Boaters should slow down (this area is no wake), and be alert for construction crews and work taking place.
- Updated: Ellendale Road under I-39/90 along the Rock River will be CLOSED from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m. TOMORROW (Friday, August 11). Local alternate routes are required.
- Crews to install culvert pipes under the roadway.
- Next week, Ellendale Road remains OPEN to all traffic. Flagging operations will occur periodically on Ellendale Road as crews unload trucks and reach material stored along the road.
- View WIS 59 interchange activities. Be alert for crews and equipment in the interchange area.
- Access remains open to area businesses and neighborhoods. Please continue to patronize the businesses in the project area!
Manogue Road bridge replacement over I-39/90, north of Janesville
- Updated: View Manogue Road bridge operations.
- Minor noise from activities is expected throughout the week.
- Manogue Road over I-39/90 CLOSED to all traffic until early September 2017.
- Alternate local routes are required.
Temporary widening of I-39/90 southbound, near Beloit
Between the County S (Shopiere Road) interchange and the Illinois state line
- Updated: View temporary widening activities, near Beloit.
- Traffic shifted on I-39/90 southbound from the County S interchange to the Illinois state line. Please be alert and stay in your lane!
Stateline Road bridge replacement over I-39/90, near Beloit
- Updated: View Stateline Road bridge operations.
- Traffic shifts in place at the Wisconsin/Illinois state line. Be alert for lane changes in this area!
- Stateline Road over I-39/90 CLOSED to all traffic until early September 2017. Alternate local routes are required.
For more information, contact:
I-39/90 Project Communications Manager
(608) 884-1230 | email@example.com