Contact Person: Sergeant Shena Kohler (608) 758-8440 – Rock County Sheriff’s Dept.
1. The National Weather Service has issued a Flood Warning for the Rock River at Lake Koshkonong, and maintains the Flood Warning at the Rock River in Afton, WI. The Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service forecasts the following river conditions over the next week, impacting areas in Rock County:
• Rock River at Lake Koshkonong – Approaching “Minor Flooding” levels today, expected to rise to 10.9 feet, bordering “Moderate Flooding” at 11.0 feet by the weekend.
2. The entire Rock River is under a “Slow, No Wake” restriction, effective May 14th, 2018. Lake Koshkonong is exempt from the restriction.
3. The Town of Milton Board has issued a “Slow, No Wake” on Clear Lake effective May 15, 2018, in accordance with Chapter 38 of their Town Ordinances.
4. Any residents of Fulton and Milton Townships that would like to receive sandbags and sand are instructed to contact their respective Town Halls to coordinate the pickup of sandbags. Sand will be available at the Newville Park and Ride off Interstate 39/90, Wednesday May 16 by 12:00 pm.
a. Fulton Town Hall: 608-868-4103
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office – Emergency Management Bureau will continue to closely monitor the flooding conditions and the water levels on the Rock River. Residents are encouraged to contact their respective township to request sandbags as needed.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office is asking citizens to avoid traveling across high water s on roadways and report any immediate, hazardous conditions to Rock County Communications at 608-757-2244.
All requests for sandbags and other concerns related to the current flood situation should be reported to the respective townships or through the Rock County Sheriff’s Office – Emergency Management Bureau at 608-758-8440.
The Rock County Sheriff’s Office – Emergency Management Bureau will continue to monitor the flooding conditions and announce sandbag staging locations later today as needed.
Further information about flood safety can be located at: http://www.nws.noaa.gov/os/water/tadd/
ROBERT D. SPODEN
By: Sgt. Shena Kohler #11519
For full details, view this message on the web.