Tourist Rooming Houses must be licensed! (Vrbo, AirBnb, TRH’s, etc.)

Do You Own/Operate a Tourist Rooming House in the Town of Fulton?
Also known as: AirBnB, Vrbo, TRH?  

Image result for vrbo clipart image

WisconsinAministrative Code, specifically ATCP97.605, requires that you must obtain an annual license before operating.  

This license is obtained through the Rock County Public Health Department, 3328 US Hwy. 51 N, Janesville, WI  53545, 608-757-5440.

These homes are defined as:  Any lodging place or tourist cabin or cottage where sleeping accommodations are offered for pay to tourists or transients.
It does not include:
a.  A private boarding or rooming house, ordinarily conducted as such, not accommodating tourists or transients.
b.  A hotel.
c.  Bed and breakfast establishments.    


The town has also adopted a room tax ordinance effective 1/1/2020.   
Owners of these properties will be sent notification about licensing from the Rock County Health Deptartment, and also will be receiving a copy of the newly enacted ordinance which goes into effect on January 1, 2020. 
Contact the Town Clerk for details.